3rd June 2020
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – FOLLOW UP COMMUNICATION
Following on from our previous correspondence regarding the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) public health emergency, I would like to update you on our current position. Triangle are continuing to take all steps required to ensure emergency plans are in place. We appreciate your patience in adhering to our previous guidance on how to help reduce the spread of the virus by refraining from visiting our Supported Living services.
As you are aware, lockdown restrictions are beginning to ease, therefore with this in mind, if you feel it is necessary to visit your family member we would request that you arrange this with the staff at their supported living service to meet with your family member in the garden or outdoors as per government guidelines at this present time. We would request that you maintain the social distancing requirement of staying 2 metres (6ft) apart during your visit. For those who wish to continue with shielding their family member, we will continue to assist with any electronic communication methods such as FaceTime, Skype etc, please contact our service managers or staff who will be happy to help.
The Government guidelines state that it’s really important that everyone continues to:
- Follow the advice being offered by the Government based on medical and scientific evidence, including the current ‘stay at home’ advice while that remains in place
- Wash our hands regularly and in line with the best practice guidance
- Have good respiratory hygiene in terms of coughing or sneezing into a tissue or the crook of your elbow
- Follow the social distancing guidelines and stay two metres away from those outside your household whenever possible
- Consider the use of cloth face coverings (mouth and nose) for short periods of time when you are in enclosed spaces where social distancing cannot be maintained. For example when using public transport and while in some shops
- Abide by the need to self-isolate either because you have symptoms or because you have been in touch with someone who has symptoms or has tested positive for coronavirus. This includes if contacted by the contact tracing arrangements in place
Thank you again for your co-operation in this matter. Shielding our vulnerable people and protecting our staff remains of utmost importance to Triangle. We will continue to update you as the situation changes.
Director of Support Services