What is Tenancy Fraud?
Triangle defines Tenancy Fraud as “any intentional false representation, including failure to declare information or abuse of position that is carried out to make gain, cause loss or expose another to risk of loss”
Types of Tenancy Fraud include:
- Not living in your house as your main home.
- Letting ALL of your house to others without permission.
- “Key Selling” to third parties,
- Advertising your Triangle home to let or arranging someone else to live in your home.
- Giving the wrong information either about yourself, your circumstances or housing conditions to get a Triangle property,
- Giving your tenancy to someone else or others who are not allowed or without official permission.
- Giving the wrong information in order to gain a succession upon the death of a tenant.
- Multiple Occupation; living in more than one property
- Not informing Triangle of the correct number of people making up your household.
- Having more people living in the property than the property can accommodate.
In addition to Triangle staff preventing Tenancy Fraud we welcome feedback from anyone. If you suspect tenancy fraud in your area. You can report this either via email at; email@example.com
Or by Telephoning the Duty Housing Officer: 028 2766 6880
Or by Writing to: 60 Eastermeade Gardens, Ballymoney, BT53 6BD
Triangle Housing Officers will then investigate and take the appropriate action to address the matter.